OCN Mobile d - FAQ
Please note that the availability of some services/software is limited to Japanese OS only.
- Q1. I am new to OCN... How do I sign up?
A1. You can subscribe online, by phone or fax.
- Q2. Can I subscribe without a credit card?
A2. YES. You can pay by Automatic Payment when ordering by phone or fax. (Only credit card payment is available for online sign up).
- Q3. Is there a trial period?
A3. No, there is no trial period.
- Q4. How long does it take for the service to start after signing up?
A4. You can use the service immediately after signing up online.
Allow about 7 days when signing up by phone/fax.
- Q1. Can I share a connection with multiple devices?
A1. No, you can not share a connection with the same id.
- Q2. I'm currently using the NTT DOCOMO "FOMA Data Communications" with "OCN Mobile d", can I also use the NTT DOCOMO "Xi Data Communications"?
A2. In order to use the NTT DOCOMO "Xi Data Communications", you need to sign up for the NTT DOCOMO "Xi" data plan and prepare a data card for Xi specified by NTT DOCOMO. Please note that the access point setup also needs to be changed.
- Q1. Can I check my minutes half way through the month?
A1. You can view your minutes used (for the last 2 months except the last 2 days) from the Account Maintenance page on our website.
- Q1. What payment options do you offer? How do I change my payment method?
A1. We accept Credit Card and Automatic Payment. To change your payment option, sign in to the OCN Account Maintenance page, go to Confirmation/Change of Payments and follow the instructions.
- Q2. Can I get usage reports?
A2. NO. We do not issue usage reports for "OCN Mobile Access for FOMA".
- Q3. How much do I have to pay if I cancel midway through the month?
A3. The fee is NOT calculated by the day in "OCN Mobile d". Monthly basic fee must be paid in full regardless of date of termination.
- Q1. Can I choose my Email account?
A1. YES. You can use any account name (before the @) that has not been used by another customer. Mail host name (after the @) will be assigned by OCN.
Your mail address should look like: (your account name) @ (mail host name) .ocn.ne.jp
- Q2. What about the maximum storage capacity and period for Email?
A2. See the link below for details on Email.
- Q3. Can I forward messages automatically and check Email from my cell phone?
A3. Yes. You can forward messages and check Email from my cell phone using "OCN Mail".
- Q1. Can I have my own website?
A1. Yes. You can use "Page ON" where you get space up to 10MB to create your own personal website for FREE.
- Q1. Are there any security features in OCN?
A1. Yes. We provide "Online Scan" (FREE), to detect and remove viruses from your computer and "Email Virus Check" (additional fee) to detect and remove viruses from incoming Emails on the server side.
Online Scan is available for Japanese OS only.